Friday, December 25, 2015

sibling interplay

I have not had the energy or desire to do anything about Christmas this year. So in terms of decorations Christmas has passed us without any fanfare. We thankfully have Sinterklaas that is organized by the Dutch community here to focus on presents etc. at the beginning of December. I find myself missing our tree, our stockings, our story that we usually read at Christmastime today. However, I also know that having a very active 8 month old would give me more headache than peace. The kids have taken it in stride and any thoughts of bad parenting I"m trying to put to rest by reminding myself that holidays are what we make them. So today included:

Church with a drumming circle and kids choir
Brunch at some of our oldest friends house
Our car getting broken into
And this lovely interplay between my two oldest this morning (pictures speak for their relationship. Love/hate, a dire need of approval and acceptance from Jonah for Ayumi's attention and Ayumi realizing that she is not always the best at everything and having a pout)


In random news: this Christmas dress was the best buy ever. Bought it for her when we moved here three years ago and somehow it still fits






No comments:

Post a Comment