Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Capacity or lack thereof

capacity
kəˈpasɪti/
noun
  1. 1.
    the maximum amount that something can contain.
    "the capacity of the freezer is 1.1 cubic feet"
    synonyms:volume, cubic measure; More
  2. 2.
    the amount that something can produce.
    "the company aimed to double its electricity-generating capacity"
 
 
Needless to say I am working at full capacity and really can't handle at this moment in time the little downs that life throws our way. Living here and dealing with life, family, work, kids has us surviving and living at full capacity most of the time. Both of these definitions are maxed out and the last two weeks have stretched the little space of breathing room I have on top to the limits. Our money got stolen (from what we thought was a secure place), Kimi's wallet got stolen/lost and even though we shut down everything in the space of an hour we realized that our bank account got hacked sometime last year and that small amounts of money have been disappearing monthly for a year. (How could I not have noticed this?!)
 
Our car stopped working on Sunday and my daughter a wonderful sleeper has been having nightmares that we can't quite pinpoint which are keeping both her and Kimi up at night. I have too many balls up in the air and so does Kimi and these last two weeks have showed us that one by one the balls are dropping without really any space for us to do anything about it. It's not a good feeling.
 
Somewhere in the back of my head I know that this is an opportunity to grow and I hope to be able to get there emotionally. I have no big insights or profound thoughts to end this post. Where there is a down there must again be an up. I'm in the down and hoping the up comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment