Saturday, February 14, 2015

love and such (in relation to kids)

“to live in this world
you must be able
to do three things
to love what is mortal;
to hold it

against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
and, when the time comes to let it go,
to let it go”  
- Mary Oliver
 
Even the time has not yet come to let go, I feel myself letting go ever so slowly already on a daily basis of these two. It is truly what I believe I'm called to do as a parent. My mom once told me that you have until age thirteen to instill all your principles, love etc. into your children because once they hit those teenage years, they are lost for a time. I hope to hold on with fierce love, but to also let go when the time calls for it. To let them find their own way and to support them. It won't be easy.
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment